Well, in my last post, I wrote that I'd be back on the blogosphere when my novel was published, and I just completed the manuscript and have only to give it to my dear friend who is my editor. So, I hope to self-publish it at the soonest opportunity. In other news, I was recently in a rather heavy drama called Credo House at a local high school. It was about four different families living in one house over many different time periods. The first act was a family in the 1830's (my act- I loved my enormous hoop skirt!), the second act was in the 1870's, the third in the 1920's, and the fourth in the 1940's. Each character represented a vice or virtue (my character, Eleanor, was purity), and each family had a "credo," a belief that they adherered to, hence the name of the show. The moral was that human beings can move from evil to a higher moral plane, and the director (a staunch Christian, who wrote the work himself) explained that a Christian could take it to mean redemption through God, and a non-Christian might interpret it another way. It had something for everyone, and I really enjoyed it- the play, that is, not the plot. Let's just say it was definitely not a feel-good, laugh-a-minute comedy, but the next show at the school is- it's the great old play You Can't Take It With You, the one they made the adorable movie of with Jean Arthur and Jimmy Stuart. I'm auditioning for it next week! Also, in my theatrical endeavors, I was able to perform some pre-show scenes with other high school students before performances of the local Shakespeare company's recent run. I and my fellow actors would go on stage before the show and do scenes or soliloquies from the Bard's plays. My contribution was Juliet's second
soliloquy from Romeo and Juliet, the one which begins, "Gallop apace, you fiery-footed steeds". It was a delight! Anyway, that's all that's been going on since the last post, besides school, of course! I'm glad to be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment