My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
-Jane Austen

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Bennets' Reaction to the Conversation Below

Longbourn, Post-novel

Mr Bennet: "Dysfunctional is the word, my good sir!"

Lizzy: "Mr. Dan, I agree with your views in every particular. Right, husband?" (winks at Darcy)

Mr. Darcy: "Indeed." (smiles at Lizzy)

Mrs Bennet: "Oh! My nerves! That odious man! Kitty, fetch my smelling salts!" (bursts into wild sobbing)

(Jane and Mr. Bingley are strolling through the garden, oblivious to everything except their fully bloomed love.)

Kitty: (handing her mother the smelling salts, coughs) "Well, I may be silly, but at least I did not elope and bring disgrace on the family!"

Lydia: (ignoring Kitty) "La! I don't care if the man admires me or not! He is only an American farmer, and I prefer to be loved by a British redcoat! Right, my beloved Wickham?" (bats her eyes adoringly at him)

Wickham: (forces a cheesy smile at her) "Yes, dear."

Mary: "Who is this Billy Graham gentleman? Does he care for Fordyce's sermons and long concertos on the pianoforte?

The End

No comments: