My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
-Jane Austen

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Welcome

My gentle readers,
 Welcome! I do not know how consistent my posting will be, but I'm working on a novel, which I hope to
 have complete next May. It's the diary of Lydia Bennet, from Pride and Prejudice, and it chronicles her life
 before and after marriage to the rogue George Wickham. In all my writings, I avoid sensationalism; however, I do discreetly, in a ladylike manner, portray my characters as who they are and what they are. So, I'm writing this blog simply to discuss the glorious fun of life and enjoying classic works of literature- while hopefully creating some delightful books of my own!

2 comments:

Laura Kathryn said...

Hello Old-Fashioned Girl! I am really excited to see what you will be posting! I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan, and love good historical fiction. Your blog is really pretty!

rachel tsunami said...

OFG! Can't wait to read your blog in its brief entirety, but it will have to wait till Christmas break. I'm already planning a hot cup of tea and some toasty nibbles to accompany a good read. Until then, write on! What a lovely idea!