My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
-Jane Austen

Monday, June 25, 2012

My European Travels- Idyllic Ibiza

Okay, we arrived in Ibiza (an island off the Eastern coast of Spain) yesterday, and I've been spending time with my family. We've eaten great meals and roared with laughter while trading wild jokes, while enjoying the Mediterranean breezes wafting through the house, as well as the various lovely greenery (including orange trees and pine trees) and flowers (including lavender) all over the country. More to come later!
Outside the house where we're staying 
P.S.- Forgot to mention- On our way in yesterday, I was trying to carry my suitcase up a staircase and  the handle was being ornery. Suddenly, from behind me came- no, not Sir Percy Blakeney (whom I just adore), alas - but a tall, handsome, black-haired, black-eyed boy about my age. Quickly, he took my suitcase and carried it up the stairs for me, and I thanked him with a smile and a "Gracias!" Then, while he went on ahead with his soccer team (they were wearing jerseys) my eyes followed him. My mother surmised from his appearance that he was an Italian from Genoa, and the last I saw of him was at the baggage claim as he and his teammates left the building. It was a most delightful experience!

1 comment:

Laura Kathryn said...

Don't you adore the lavender? You must "drink it in" as Maryanne would. And remember every detail so you can tell me! I love the boy story. ;)