My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
-Jane Austen

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Precious Provence

 Okay, yesterday we arrived in Marseilles from Ibiza, then journeyed on to Provence via car. After dinner at a local pizzeria, we settled into the house where some of our group- including my mother, brother, and I- were staying. After looking around, I detected nothing amiss in the building, until a doorknob I took hold of promptly fell into my hand. Thus began our night in the old farmhouse which I dubbed "the Jellibies' home, from Dickens's Bleak House!'' I could just hear poor Caddy apologizing for the sporadic running water and the lack of towels! This morning, we awoke to delicious, fresh- baked croissants-  now I fully understand why Jean Valjean in Les Miserables was driven to steal a loaf of bread! Anyway, after breakfast we packed our bags and moved into a better house, where we can all stay together! To conclude, last night's experience will most likely be terrific inspiration for one of my novels!
On our arrival, I am lost in the sea of bags!
The garden of "the Jellibies' house"

No comments: