![]() |
| Me in the Centre giftshop- I am HOME!! |
My musings on my writing, beautiful period dramas, and life
My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
-Jane Austen
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Elegant England- Beautiful Bath, Part One
Today, we left Provence from the town of Nimes very early in the morning and I slept on the plane the whole way to England, where we had a delicious lunch of fish and chips at a local pub. Then my mom and I gathered our bags and left for Bath, arriving this afternoon. We'll stay tomorrow and leave on Saturday, so after checking into our adorable hotel, The Windsor, in Great Pulteny Street (okay, my name is Isabel and I'm staying in Pulteny Street!?! Sounds rather Northanger Abbey-ish, hmm?) we promptly hit the streets in search of The Jane Austen Centre. When we arrived, I got a picture with the dapper gentleman who greeted people at the door, and then Mom and I entered the cute giftshop, where we were greeted by the one of the charming costumed young ladies working for the Centre. We began talking, and she told us that the employees in costume are each assigned one of Jane's characters, and that she was, in fact,- wait for it, girls- their Lydia. Well, let's just say that the conversation went on from there, until presently we were joined by their delightful Kitty, and I told them all about my novel, and about Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice a Musical , which is a show I extremely love and adore (more on that later)! So, after we chatted with them and bought two bags of books, we left, and enjoyed dinner at a great resteraunt. Then we left for home in a blissful daze!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment