My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
-Jane Austen

Saturday, July 21, 2012

My European Travels, Concluded

Alrighty, I'm sorry I haven't written this earlier! Anyway, our last night in London was terrific! While my brother and dad did their own thing with Uncle Nick, Mom and I saw Les Miz, which was EPIC! The cast was superb, though I did want to shake Monsieur Thenardier and Grantaire - Marius's constantly drunk friend- once or twice! The next morning, we rose at 4 a.m. and left for the airport, and after a series flights, arrived home safely. In conclusion, I want to say- it was a glorious trip, and I thoroughly relished sharing it with y'all! Here are some pictures from Oxford!
Part of New College in Oxford

Us with our relative Jonathan ( the gentleman in the pinkish shirt), who's a professor at Merton College.  We're about to have lunch at The Eagle and Child, a pub frequented by C.S. Lewis and Tolkein during their Oxford days!
P.S.- I'm going to have a giveaway on this blog soon, involving some goodies from France and England!

No comments: