 |
| The Assembly Rooms- I'm in a glorious daze! |
 |
| At the Centre, having tea! |
Today, after an absolutely scrumptious eggs benedict at our hotel, Mom and I hit the town once more! After we visited the history museum, the Assembly Rooms ( I stared up at the ceiling and went into a Catherine Morland daze, and then we visited the historical fashion exhibit below the Rooms where I tried on a replicated 1850's gown, corset and all!), and wandered through a few clothing stores, we returned to The Jane Austen Centre, where we took the tour, and then I had tea and scones in the Tea Room while Mom went antique shopping. I was, of course, engrossed in a large book about Jane. Next, we visited some cute stores- by this time it was raining and close to dinner time, so we walked part of the way home and took a taxi for the rest. After a short respite in our room, we took a taxi to dinner, but were disappointed to find that the resteraunt didn't have a view of Bath, so we ended up eating at the wonderful old pub called Sally Lunn's in another part of Bath. The food was warm and satisfying, just the thing to enjoy in the cold, drippy weather which England is renowned for! When they were out of the dessert we wished to try, we found another place two doors down and had some delicious sweets. Finally, we returned to our hotel room for tea. I love Bath- everyone is so kind and helpful!
 |
| The whole outfit- love the look! |
 |
| I love these 1870's dresses, especially the middle one! |
 |
| I would so wear this 1838 frock! |
 |
| Some gowns circa 1800 |
 |
Putting on the first layer. Okay, I know that corset looks like an instrument of torture, but it actually
felt pretty good! We need to bring them back for better posture- alright, maybe not! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment